iOS 15.4 Beta allows you to use Face ID with your mask on
According to MacRumors, the
The tech giant said that the feature can "recognise the unique features around the eye" for authentication purposes.
If you opt to use this feature during setup, you will need to rescan your face for Face ID. From there, Face ID will be able to unlock your iPhone even when you're wearing a mask.
In the Settings app, there's a new "Use Face ID with a Mask" toggle that can be turned on or off if you change your mind about the mask, and there's a new feature to "Add Glasses" to make Face ID more accurate when you're wearing glasses and a mask at the same time.
Apple warns in the Settings app that Face ID is "most accurate" when it's set up for full-face recognition only. For Face ID with a mask to work, you must be looking at your device to get it to unlock, and it does not work when wearing sunglasses.
Face ID with a mask can authenticate Apple Pay payments and it can be used in lieu of a login and password in apps that support Face ID, unlike the prior Apple Watch Face ID feature.
The report mentioned that it looks like the Face ID with a mask feature requires an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 model, as the feature is not available for users who have the iPhone 11 at this time.
Popular on BI
- PM Modi to inaugurate India’s biggest drone festival 'Bharat Drone Mahotsav' on Friday
- HUL, Britannia and ITC can now breathe easy say analysts – from inflation and even stagflation worries
- Here are five startups which managed to raise funds before the capital crunch hit them
- It would be a long firing season for startups — experts say 60,000 could lose their jobs
- Indices open positive in morning trade, Sensex up 164 points