iOS 16: Everything we know about expected features and release date
- WWDC 2022 opening keynote will happen on Monday, 6th June, at 10 AM.
iOS 16is likely to be announced at WWDC.
- We’ve compiled a list of all the expected features on iOS 16.
AdvertisementWorldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2022 will start in a few days and most likely Apple will unveil its upcoming operating system- iOS 16 in its keynote. Currently, little is known about the upcoming Apple OS but there are plenty of leaks and clues. In fact, the company has shared a few details of what iOS 16 accessibility features can have.
Here, we have gathered the most plausible concepts and rumours including the release date.
iOS 16: Rumored new features
Till now, nothing is official, but Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman revealed that we may see some major changes in the new iOS 16 such as ‘new ways of interacting’ along with a few new Apple apps.
Gurman hints toward ‘new ways of interactions’ which means, we may see interactive widgets in iOS 16. These widgets will let users have quick access to different information such as battery level and weather updates right from the lock screen. These lock screen widgets can be part of much talked ‘always-on display’ for upcoming iPhone 14 Pro models.
Gurman also revealed iMessage may have a more social network like functionality along with AR/ VR capabilities for upcoming AR headsets.
Details are unclear, but Apple has been working on revamped notifications including Focus More.
In a press release, Apple has revealed new accessibility features such as-
The door detection feature will allow visually challenged users to locate a door while navigating. This feature will read symbols and signs around the door. Door detection will combine the potential of LiDAR and the device camera.
Apple Watch Mirroring
With this new feature, people with physical and motor disabilities can access the Apple watch remotely using their paired iPhone. With Watch Mirroring, Apple watch can be used by using, voice control.
The device will automatically generate captions in real-time for any audio content including FaceTime calls.
iOS 16: Release date
iOS 16 can be unveiled on 6th June 2022 and will be released to the public by September 2022. The release date follows company tradition-
- 6th June 2022 - iOS 16 unveiled
- 6th June 2022 - iOS 16 released to developer beta testers
- July 2022 - iOS 16 released to public beta testers
- September 2022 - Final version of iOS 16 released to the general public
Oura has partnered with Gucci for a $950 smart ring that’s also a fitness tracker
Vodafone Idea will have a solid ‘turnaround’ war chest if it clinches the Amazon deal
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Meet the Indian teens who raised funds from Sam Altman for their AI startup
- Don't ask us to help with World Cup tickets say Virat and Anushka
- Tata Motors to offload 20% stake in the upcoming Tata Technologies IPO
- Chennai's top 10 must-visit tourist attractions
- End Of Irrational Exuberance: Five reasons why markets are tanking In the middle of a bull run