iPhone 14 could get costlier as it’s rumored to feature a more advanced front camera
Appleis planning to use a high-end front camera for the upcoming iPhone 14.
- The company has reportedly chosen LG Innotek for
iPhone 14 front camera.
- It may cost 3x more than
iPhone13’s front camera.
AdvertisementApple's upcoming smartphones iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro could feature a high-end selfie camera with built-in autofocus that will be assembled in South Korea.
Apple has reportedly cut a Chinese supply chain partner and has chosen South Korean company LG Innotek for the new front-facing camera, citing ET News, AppleInsider reported.
The new camera setup is set to cost as much as three times more than previous iPhone front-facing cameras.
According to ET News, the change is a result of Apple classifying the front-facing camera as a "high-end" component instead of a "low-end" one, as well as quality concerns about Chinese suppliers.
Originally, Apple had planned to use LG Innotek as the supplier on the iPhone 15 model in 2023. However, the company has reportedly moved those plans up to 2022.
The new report corroborates rumours from other media outlets and analysts, including Ming-Chi Kuo. Back in April, Kuo said that the iPhone 14 could get an upgraded front camera with autofocus for enhanced FaceTime calls and selfies.
Along with autofocus, Kuo added that the cameras could sport a wider aperture could provide the iPhone models with better Portrait mode capabilities.
Foreign investors have pulled out more money this year than they brought in between 2009-2021
SpaceX president says in companywide email that she doesn't believe sexual misconduct allegations against Elon Musk
Popular on BI
- Agnipath scheme rocks Bihar assembly; opposition calls it PM's dictatorial step
- The winds of change are changing the fortunes of Indian farmers
- Crypto bear market has brought Bitcoin’s energy consumption to a one-year low
- For the the first time in a century, Russia defaults on international loans
- Good time to replace your gadgets, electronics — discounts are coming