Jeff Bezos' 18-year-old space-flight companion reportedly told him he had never bought anything from Amazon before
- On their
Blue Origintrip, 18-year-old Oliver Daemen told Jeff Bezoshe'd never bought from Amazon.
- Bezos replied, "Oh, wow, it's a long time ago I heard someone say that," Daemen told Reuters.
- Amazon revenue was key to funding the trip; Bezos has thanked Amazon workers for making it possible.
The 18-year-old passenger on Blue Origin's spaceflight on Tuesday had an awkward admission to former Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos during the trip.
Dutch teenager Oliver Daemen told Bezos onboard the New Shepard rocket that he had never bought anything off of Amazon before, Reuters reported Friday.
"I told Jeff, like, I've actually never bought something from Amazon," Daemen told Reuters.
Bezos, the former Amazon CEO who credits the company's revenue with making the trip financially possible, was taken aback.
"He was like, 'Oh, wow, it's a long time ago I heard someone say that,'" Daemen continued to Reuters, which notes that Bezos bankrolled Blue Origin by selling billions of dollars' worth of Amazon stock.
Bezos thanked Amazon workers and customers after Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket touched down again.
"I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all of this," he said in a press conference after the flight. "Seriously, for every Amazon customer out there and every Amazon employee, thank you from the bottom of my heart very much. It's very appreciated."
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles