Legendary iPhone designer Jony Ive has been hanging out with celebs, models, and designers since announcing his departure from Apple
- Apple's legendary former chief design officer Jony Ive appears to have formally left Apple after his profile disappeared from Apple's leadership page this week.
- The departure of Ive was first announced by Apple back in June, with the company's press release saying Ive would leave "later this year."
- Ive said he would set up his own design shop, but since the announcement has been spotting enjoying himself with celebrities, models, and fashion designers at glamorous events in his native UK.
- Ive played a pivotal role in designing Apple devices like the iPhone, iPod and iPad.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Even business icons need a break.
Apple's legendary former chief design officer Jony Ive looks to have left Apple for good after his profile disappeared from Apple's leadership page this week.
Since his departure was first announced, it looks like he's been having fun.
Ive formed one of the most fruitful business and tech partnerships ever seen with the late Steve Jobs, playing an instrumental role in the design of the iPhone, iPod and iPad. His relentless productivity continued well into the Tim Cook era, and he was key to the development of the Apple Watch.
But his departure from Apple was announced in June and was slated to take place "later this year." Ive said he planned to start his own design firm, LoveFrom, with Apple as one of its clients.
In the months since, Ive has been spotted mingling with numerous creatives and celebrities around his home country of England. Here, Business Insider takes a glance at what he's been up to.
Jony Ive is the designer behind Apple's most iconic products of recent times
Ive, just as much as late Apple cofounder Steve Jobs, was the driving force behind products such iPhone, iPod and iPad
And he continued to exert influence after Tim Cook took over the top job, although he reportedly became disaffected with Apple's direction under Cook
In June, Ive dropped the bombshell that he was leaving Apple
The announcement led to Apple restructuring its design team, and talk of 'the end of an era' at Apple
Soon after his departure announcement, Ive said he wanted to start his own design firm – the name of which was inspired by Jobs
Since announcing his departure, it looks like Ive has been hobnobbing at cool creative events in the UK
Here he is in October 2019 at the unveiling of his own portrait at London's National Portrait Gallery
Here's a closer look at the portrait, which shows Ive at Apple Park, the firm's new Cupertino headquarters
Celebs and creatives attended to hang out with Ive
As did fellow European creative, Fabien Baron
Earlier in the summer, Ive attended the Goodwood Festival of Speed, a show for classic cars in Sussex, UK
Ive was a judge at Goodwood 2019, for Cartier's 'Style et Luxe' competition of rare vintage cars
Here he is in complementary pastel colors alongside fellow designer Marc Newson
For all he's sampled British high society the past few months, good old design work is still Ive's priority
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000