'Let's have THE talk:' Jack Dorsey and Elon Musk's crypto chat could be their first public appearance together
- Dorsey invited Musk to chat about bitcoin at a July "The B Word" event.
- Both executives have long been in support of cryptocurrency.
- The conference talk may be the pair's first public appearance together.
It looks like we'll see Jack Dorsey and Elon Musk talk about bitcoin at a July conference, and it could be the first time they appear together publicly.
Twitter and Square CEO Dorsey tweeted Thursday about an upcoming "The B Word" bitcoin event, and Musk responded to it. It's unclear if the event, which kicks off on July 21, will be virtual or in-person.
Dorsey asked Musk to have a conversation at the event to "share all your curiosities…"
Musk responded, "For the Bitcurious? Very well then, let's do it," and added a wink face emoji. Dorsey said he would set it up.
-Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 25, 2021
The two executives have interacted from afar on the social media platform before, with Musk tweeting last year that he supports Dorsey as Twitter's CEO and "has a good" heart. Musk also said he called Dorsey personally when his account was hacked in July 2020.
Dorsey has long been a vocal advocate for bitcoin. He tweeted in May that the cryptocurrency "changes *everything*...for the better. And we will forever work to make bitcoin better."
His payment processing company Square held 8,027 bitcoins in mid-May.
Musk has also come out in support of the virtual currency. Tesla had been accepting vehicle purchases in the form of bitcoin until mid-May, when Musk announced the company was suspending bitcoin payments over concerns around the use of fossil fuels for bitcoin mining and transactions.
- Apple starts manufacturing iPhone 14 in India
- Harsha Engineers lists at 36% premium amid volatile market conditions
- Nifty50, Sensex start on a negative note ahead of RBI policy meeting this week
- The Zepto Boys: Competition that Amazon never saw coming
- Maharashtra, Gujarat and UP lead the race in new demat accounts