LinkedIn is recommending all Bay Area employees work from home until the end of March due to concerns over coronavirus
REUTERS/Robert Galbraith/File Photo
- LinkedIn has recommended that its Bay Area employees work for home until the end of March due to coronavirus concerns, a spokesperson confirmed in a statement to Business Insider.
- The company has more than 5,500 full-time employees in the region, according to its website.
- LinkedIn has also asked employees to postpone all non-essential travel and said it would not "participate in external events" during March and April.
- Microsoft, LinkedIn's parent company, asked all employees earlier this week to work from home until March 25 after Business Insider reported that workers were concerned it wasn't doing enough.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Earlier this week, LinkedIn's parent company, Microsoft, told employees in its Seattle and San Francisco offices to work remotely through March 25 after Business Insider reported that workers were concerned the company's response had been inadequate.LinkedIn and Microsoft have joined several major tech companies that are encouraging remote work or restricting employee travel as companies continue to respond to the outbreak. Earlier this week, Google and Twitter both told employees to work from home, while Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and many others have limited business travel - internationally and, in some cases, domestically.
The coronavirus has already killed more than 3,300 people, mostly in China, while the US has reported 11 deaths so far. More than 97,000 have been infected around the world, including in every province and region in China as well as at least 86 other countries. The outbreak has already had a major impact on the stock market as companies' global supply chains and operations face disruptions.
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP
- Non-banking finance firm Power Finance Corporation records 49% jump in net profits in FY21
- The Internet's original source code is going up for auction on Sotheby's as an NFT this month
- Best 55-inch smart TVs with 4K resolution