Live: Here come Google and Alphabet's Q1 earnings
Alphabetwill announce its Q1 results on Tuesday, giving us our first look at how the pandemic is impacting the company.
- Analysts expect a revenue bump of around 10.5% but say it will be the Q2 results that really reflect how
- Analysts are keeping an especially close eye on Google's performance from mid-March onwards, as this was when most of its workforce began working from home.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Google parent company Alphabet will report its first-quarter results after Tuesday's close of market, and Wall Street has one big question: how badly is the pandemic hitting Google's ad business?
Alphabet is expected to report a $32.6 billion in revenue (minus traffic acquisition costs) according to analysts polled by Bloomberg, which, at 10.6% above last year's results, would represent one of the slowest growth rates in the company's history.
And some analysts believe even those forecasts could be too optimistic, given the economic slowdown triggered by the pandemic.
While Pichai now sits at the head of Alphabet, it was Google that generated more than 99% of Alphabet's revenue in 2019. Of that, 84% came from
Here's what analysts are expecting and how it compares to last year's results:
- Q1 revenue minus traffic acquisition costs (TAC): $ 32.6 billion, up 10.6% year over year. It reported $29.48 billion of revenue on the same basis in Q1 2019.
- Q1 Earnings-per-share (GAAP): $10.36, slightly up from $9.50 in Q1 2019.
- Q2 revenue forecast (minus TAC): $29.86 billion. In the same period last year Alphabet reported $31.7 billion on the same basis.
- Q2 EPS (GAAP) forecast: $7.89 per share. Alphabet earned $14.21 per share for the same quarter last year.
We'll be reporting Alphabet's full results as soon as they cross the wire, so hit refresh or click here for the latest updates.Read the original article on Business Insider
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders