LIVE: Microsoft earnings
AP Photo/Mark Lennihan
- Microsoft will report fiscal Q2 earnings after the bell on Wednesday.
- We'll be reporting the earnings live, so refresh for updates.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Microsoft is set to report fiscal second-quarter earnings at market close on Wednesday.
Here's what Wall Street is expecting:
- Revenue: $35.67 billion
- Earnings per share: $1.32 per share
Analysts are once again watching for continued growth in Microsoft's cloud business, particular after the company scored a $10 billion Pentagon cloud computing contract over market-leading Amazon Web Services.
The deal was perhaps the biggest development in Microsoft's cloud business since its last earnings report in October, although AWS is challenging that decision based on alleged political interference.
Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley expect Microsoft's cloud business to make big gains in the coming years based on surveys of large-company chief information officers, a common method that financial firms use to predict where companies plan to spend their money when it comes to enterprise technologies such as cloud computing.
We'll be reporting the earnings live, so refresh for updates.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- BYJU's to miss March 2023 deadline for group level profitability, results delayed again
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Adani Transmission reports 78% rise in Q3 net profit to ₹475 crore on one-time income
- Young boy builds an online kabadiwala biz after being inspired by his uncle's scrapyard 'heaven'
- India's share in global oil demand expected to rise to 11%, gas to 500%: PM