Mark Zuckerberg falls off Glassdoor's top 100 CEOs list for the first time since 2013, as his employee-approval rating on the website drops
Mark Zuckerbergdropped off Glassdoor's " Top CEOs" list for the first time since 2013.
- But he dropped from the list after employee approval dipped in late 2020 and early 2021.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has dropped off Glassdoor's list of the top 100 CEOs for the first time since 2013.
The job search site released its annual CEO ranking on Wednesday, based on employee approval ratings. A Glassdoor survey of Facebook workers between May 2020 and May 2021 showed a drop in Zuckerberg's approval from 94% in 2019 to 89% in 2021.
Bloomberg reported that Glassdoor surveyed 700 Facebook workers. This is a small fraction of Facebook's 60,000 employees - but Glassdoor is considered an important recruitment tool, and CEO approval is displayed prominently on company pages.
In 2013, when Glassdoor started the list, Zuckerberg ranked first with a 99% approval score. Employee approvals of him declined most in the final months of 2020 and in early 2021, when Facebook was grappling with the fallout from the US presidential election and misinformation about COVID-19, Bloomberg reported.
Zuckerberg's approval rating was still far above the average CEO approval rating of 73%, a number that Glassdoor included in a press release announcing the 2021 list.
The top-rated CEO for 2021 was Rich Lesser of Boston Consulting Group, with a 99% approval rating.
Glassdoor gives employees three simple options when rating their CEOs - approve, disapprove, or "no opinion" - according to its awards criteria.
Glassdoor did not publish its top CEOs list last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company said in a blogpost.
Facebook did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022