Mark Zuckerberg's ghostly sunscreen application haunts us all, but the tech CEO keeps poking fun at the moment and now it's plastered on his new surfboard
- Mark Zuckerberg has turned his infamous sunscreen application fail from last Juy into a surfboard.
- The Facebook CEO showed off the surfboard on Instagram, writing "The sun never stood a chance."
- Zuckerberg has said he used the sunscreen to try to evade paparazzi while surfing in Hawaii.
Nobody will let Mark Zuckerberg forget last year's sunscreen application fail - including Mark Zuckerberg.
The Facebook CEO took to Instagram on Wednesday to say he has turned the viral incident into a new surfboard.
"Thanks @adam.the.creator for designing my next board," Zuckerberg captioned the picture. "The sun never stood a chance."
The surfboard's design is a recreation of a photo that went viral last July showing Zuckerberg surfing in Hawaii with a thick layer of sunscreen on his face. The photo inspired countless memes, with people comparing his look to the likes of mimes, the Joker, and Mrs. Doubtfire, among other characters.
Zuckerberg reportedly defended the look in a companywide Q&A later that month, according to leaked audio obtained by The Verge.
"I'm not a person who's under the illusion that I look particularly cool at any point with what I'm doing," he said, according to The Verge. "I'm not going to apologize for wearing too much sunscreen. I think sunscreen is good and I stand behind that."
Zuckerberg did admit, however, that the photo caught him off-guard.
"You come back online and you see that's the photo, that's what you look like," he said, according to The Verge. "It's like, oof, OK. Alright. That's maybe quite a bit more sunscreen than I thought I was wearing."
In an Instagram Live chat earlier this year, Zuckerberg said he put on the sunscreen in an attempt to avoid paparazzi.
"I really should have thought that one through more," he told Instagram chief Adam Mosseri. "That is just way too much sunscreen. No one needs to be wearing that much sunscreen."
Zuckerberg recently added to his meme momentum - earlier this month, he posted a video of him throwing spears and shooting arrows at bowling pins. The video was captioned "I have a very particular set of skills," referring to the film "Taken."
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles