Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is shedding billions
Mark Zuckerberg's net worth dropped by $7 billion on Monday, Bloomberg reported.
- Facebook's stock dipped amid widespread outages and revelations from a whistleblower.
- Zuckerberg is now the fifth-richest person in the world behind Bill Gates, according to Bloomberg.
Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is nosediving amid revelations from a whistleblower and Monday's widespread Facebook outages.
Zuckerberg's net worth dipped by $7 billion in a matter of hours as a stock selloff prompted Facebook to fall by roughly 5%. Zuckerberg's wealth has now dropped to $120.9 billion, making him the fifth-richest person in the world behind Bill Gates, according to Bloomberg's Scott Carpenter.
Zuckerberg had previously risen as high as No. 3 on Bloomberg's Billionaires Index, but his net worth has been sliding for several weeks: Since September 13, Zuckerberg has lost $19 billion, according to Bloomberg.
Reports of issues accessing Facebook - as well as Facebook-owned platforms Messenger,
According to Ryan Mac, a technology reporter at The New York Times, the outages are affecting Facebook's internal platforms as well, which Instagram chief Adam Mosseri seemed to confirm in a tweet: "it does feel like a snow day," he wrote.
But prior to Monday's outage, Facebook was the subject of a series of blistering Wall Street Journal reports based on a trove of internal documents, which revealed that Facebook knew about a range of issues with its platforms, including how Instagram affects teenage girls and the rise of white nationalist content on Facebook. The whistleblower, Frances Haugen, revealed her identity on "60 Minutes" Sunday night.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best thin and light laptops in India for 2023
- India’s high valuations are justified, says Goldman Sachs citing rise of multibaggers and these other reasons
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra vs Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 – Who wins the flip phone battle?
- India’s most disastrous train accidents in the past 20 years
- Crude oil prices may hit $100/bbl after OPEC+ decision, say analysts