Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club
Shares of Microsoft traded as high as $265.79 on Tuesday's regular trading, above the $265.55 price required for the coveted $2 trillion valuation. MSFT closed its regular trading at $265.51, up $2.88 or 1.10%, on the Nasdaq.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUMicrosoft became the second U.S. company after tech giant
Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800. It rose to dominate the personal computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by Microsoft Windows. It is considered one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with
Under Nadella's watch, Microsoft has successfully switched from a software-focused company to a dominant leader in the cloud business. Azure cloud computing, productivity, and gaming divisions have driven the company's growth to record revenues and earnings. The acquisitions of the business social network LinkedIn, source code-sharing site GitHub and video-game developer Zenimax have also contributed to the rise.
During the pandemic period, Microsoft witnessed strong demand for its cloud-computing service, workplace-productivity solutions, and personal computers. The company's third-quarter results trumped expectations driven by strong growth across its business segments.
Bitcoin's dip to below $30,000 has Tesla sitting on a loss of $90 million even if the price recovers
Delta Plus: All you need to know to need to know about the new Coronavirus variant
- Best noise cancelling truly wireless earbuds in India
- Indian government brings in a bill to bury the infamous retrospective tax that haunted Cairn and Vodafone for nearly a decade
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Best deals on refrigerators
- Best Noise-cancelling headphones under 15000 in India
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya to get ₹4 crore from the Haryana government for bagging silver in Tokyo