Netflix Q2 earnings preview: Web-tracking data shows traffic slumped then rebounded
Netflix's web traffic slumped during the Q2 and then began to recover, data from Similarweb shows.
- It suggests engagement with Netflix has waned a bit, but that it could be temporary.
- Netflix reports earnings for its second quarter on July 20.
Netflix's web traffic slumped during the second quarter of 2021, but rebounded toward the end of the period, according to data from analytics firm Similarweb that was shared exclusively with Insider.
The data, which shows unique visitors to Netflix's desktop and mobile website, suggests that engagement with Netflix waned during the period as the effects of the pandemic subsided in some markets.
Still, the slowdown doesn't seem like it will last long since traffic started to recover in June, according to the Similarweb data.
The findings come as Netflix is due to report its earnings for the second quarter on Tuesday.
Investors and the broader
Netflix, which missed subscriber-growth targets during the first quarter, forecasted just 1 million subscriber additions for the period. That's compared with 10 million a year earlier and 4 million the prior quarter.
The company had said so many people signed up during the pandemic that there was bound to be a slowdown. It also faulted the pandemic for causing production stoppages that delayed some major releases.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade