New footage from 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' will premiere live in 'Fortnite' on Saturday - Here's how to watch
- "Fortnite" players will get a chance to see unreleased footage from "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" during a live in-game event on Saturday.
- Players who visit the Risky Reels area of 'Fortnite' on Saturday, December 14 at 2 p.m. ET will get to see the new "Star Wars" preview and they'll receive a special item for participating in the event.
- "Fortnite" has held similar events in the past - earlier this year more than 10 million people watched an in-game concert performed by DJ Marshmello.
- "Fortnite" has also new costumes for Rey, Finn, and the First Order stormtroopers to celebrate the release of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker." The movie hits theaters on December 20.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The world's most popular video game will debut previously unreleased footage of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" just days before the film hits theaters.Players who log into "Fortnite" on Saturday December 14 at 2 p.m. ET will be able to watch a live preview of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" at Risky Reels, an in-game location on the "Fortnite' map.Advertisement
"Fortnite" is available on mobile phones, computers, and video game consoles, and it's totally free to play, so you don't have to pay to see the new "Star Wars" footage." Players can start showing up for the event at 1:30 p.m. ET, so logging in early will help make sure you're at Risky Reels on-time.
"Fortnite" players who participate in the event will receive a free glider based on the Empire's TIE Whisper Glider a starfighter. Players can also purchase new "Star Wars" costumes for Rey, Finn, and the First Order stormtroopers, as well as a new pickaxe based on Rey's quarterstaff.
If you're not interested in seeing the event in-game, countless "Fortnite" players on YouTube and Twitch will be streaming the event live - but you'll have to depend on them to give you a good view of the action."Fortnite" is no stranger to live in-game events - earlier this year more than 10 million players logged into the game for a live concert performed by DJ Marshmello. The same concert has been viewed more than 45 million times on YouTube since February.Like all "Fortnite" items, the "Star Wars" costumes will only be available for a limited time. "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" will be released in theaters on December 20.Advertisement
- Delhi Crime, Four More Shots Please and Actor Arjun Mathur nominated for Emmy 2020
- DRDO waives 'performance security' for development contracts as an incentive for the private sector
- In Australia, several stranded pilot whales will be euthanised as it is "the most humane thing to do"
- After ‘rail roko’, farmer unions are now gearing up for a nationwide strike on Friday to protest against the three Farm Bills
- Dean Jones, former Australian cricketer, passes away in Mumbai