Nothing Phone (1) design and features revealed by founder Carl Pei ahead of the launch
- We now have a little more detail about the upcoming
- Nothing phone (1) may feature a transparent back and wireless charging.
- It will be the company’s second product after Ear (1) Bluetooth headset.
AdvertisementAs the Nothing Phone (1) launch date approaches, in an interview with Wallpaper, Nothing’s head of design,
Making a statement Tom Howard said, “when you look inside almost any
According to Howard, the engineering process for Nothing Phone (1) is similar to a “jigsaw puzzle” as the company is planning to highlight the charging coil, and camera among other elements. To do so, the company took inspiration from a 1972 New York Subway map designed by Massimo Vignelli and Bob Noorda. The subway map of New York has a schematic view of electrical circuits, emphasising the importance of connections.
Further in the interview, Carl Pei said, “the main issue we saw in the tech industry was that nobody had a consistent way of designing products apart from Apple.” Since the launch of Nothing’s first product, wireless earphones with a transparent design, the company is trying to stand apart in terms of design. Now, with Nothing Phone (1), Pei is trying to make a statement that Nothing is going to follow a distinct and unique design language for its products.
Expected features and launch date
Aside from its unique design, not much is known about Nothing Phone (1) but it’s confirmed that the phone will run on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon platform and is rumored to launch on 21 July. Further revealing some features, Nothing Phone (1) can feature bespoke wallpapers and widgets that will give Nothing OS a distinctive feel.
Recently, Nothing has launched Nothing Launcher on the Google Play Store to give a glimpse of what to expect from Nothing OS.
Google Photos launches specialised ‘Real Tone’ filters which work well across all skin shades
An appeals court upheld a block on Florida's social media 'censorship' law, saying it violates free speech
Popular on BI
- Report reveals 7 in 10 cyber-security professionals are losing against hackers, organisations report a 10% revenue loss
- Agri-fintech startup Hesa partners Oxecart for helping farmers with market linkages
- Rupee headed lower as RBI intervention unlikely to be “aggressive’
- Elon Musk and Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal escaped questioning ahead of trial
- HAL's rocket engine manufacturing facility inaugurated in Karnataka