OnePlus' $40 challenge to Xiaomi's fitness band will launch in India first
Rounak Jain / Business Insider India
- OnePlus is expected to enter the wearables segment with the launch of the
OnePlus Bandin India in 2021.
- The OnePlus Band is likely to be priced under ₹3,000 ($40), pitting it against the Mi Smart Band 5 in the country.
- The OnePlus Band will be launched ahead of the OnePlus 9 series launch.
The earlier rumours had suggested that the company is working on a smartwatch, which was also confirmed by the company’s CEO Pete Lau. However, a new report has revealed that its first wearable device will be a cheaper fitness band that will take on the likes of the Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5. And it is expected to make its global debut in India first.
OnePlus Band expected launch date
The OnePlus Band is likely to be launched in Q1 2021. As per the above report, the company’s fitness band will be unveiled a few weeks ahead of the OnePlus 9 series. This puts the expected launch of the fitness band sometime in January or early February.
OnePlus Band expected pricing
Xiaomi is currently one of India’s leading brands in the wearables segment and its affordable Mi Smart Band lineup has become very popular. The OnePlus Band will reportedly be priced under ₹3,000 ($40), pitting it against the Mi Smart Band 5, which is priced at ₹2,499 ($34).
This is in line with the company’s strategy of capturing the affordable smartphones segment with the OnePlus Nord smartphone launch. The company is expected to announce the premium
OnePlus Band expected features
The OnePlus Band is expected to offer similar features as the Mi Band 5, including an AMOLED display, water-resistance and a long battery life.
OnePlus currently sells smartphones, televisions, audio products such as the OnePlus Buds, OnePlus Bullets Wireless and power banks in India. OnePlus had introduced its TV lineup first in India and similarly, the OnePlus Band is expected to make its global debut in India.
OnePlus Watch will be launched early next year, says Pete Lau
OnePlus 8T Concept phone shows off touchless notifications and colour shifting technology
OnePlus opens largest experience store in Hyderabad after launching its first Indian research centre in the city
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February