Over 2.4 million people watched a Spanish 'Fortnite' streamer reveal his in-game skin, and it smashed through Twitch records for concurrent viewers
Twitchstreamer "The Grefg," whose real name is David Cánovas Martínez, smashed through Twitch records on Monday afternoon with over 2.4 million people watching concurrently at one point.
- People were watching as Martinez revealed his in-game skin for the wildly popular game "Fortnite."
- Previous Twitch viewer records were held by the likes of Tyler "Ninja" Blevins and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, which Martinez surpassed by millions of viewers.
A Spanish streamer named "
"TheGrefg," whose real name is David Cánovas Martínez, was debuting his new skin in the wildly popular game "Fortnite."The new skin is part of the "Icon Series" of "Fortnite" skins, which includes other famous
Previous Twitch records for concurrent viewers were set by the aforementioned Ninja, who also streams "Fortnite," as well as less likely sources - such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and NASA.TheGrefg started getting commendations from fellow streamers even as his stream as still ongoing.
"2.4 million live viewers on his Fortnite skin Debut! Congrats @TheGrefg," said Ninja. "Absolute monster and you deserve it." Mark Reins, vice president of Epic Games, the company that makes "Fortnite," was watching as well. "Unbelievable! We love our @FortniteGame Spanish community!!" he said.Twitch representatives didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Got a tip? Contact Business Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a non-work device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year