Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh saw most Internet shutdowns after Jammu and Kashmir in the last 10 years
- There are several internet shutdowns in India each year.
- India reported over 630 internet shutdowns in the last 10 years.
- There have been 400 instances of internet shutdowns in Jammu and Kashmir in the last 10 years.
AdvertisementInternet shutdowns are a huge issue, especially when so many people depend upon the internet for work, education, entertainment and more. India has topped the list of most instances of internet shutdowns in a country for four years now.
Jammu and Kashmir, which is now a union territory has seen the most internet shutdowns in the country, majorly due to unrest and security reasons. SFLC, an organisation that tracks internet shutdowns in the country and informs the people about instances of internet shutdowns and the reason given by the government.
In this post, we look at the states and union territories in India that have seen the most internet shutdowns in the last 10 years.
|State / UT||Internet shutdowns in the last 10 years|
|Jammu and Kashmir||400|
List of countries that saw most internet shutdowns in 2021
Internet censorship cost the global economy $5.5 billion in 2021, report says
India suffered longest internet shutdowns in 2020 globally for the second consecutive year
Popular on BI
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report