Reddit says it's raising $410 million in funding at a $10 billion valuation
- The site was last valued at $6 billion in February, when it raised $250 million.
- Reddit said it expected the current
fundinground to eventually reach up to $700 million.
Reddit on Thursday said it was raising $410 million as part of a funding round that will value it at more than $10 billion.
The social site's valuation was $6 billion in February, when it raised $250 million.
The new funding, from Fidelity Investments, is part of a funding round that Reddit said was likely to reach as much as $700 million.
"I can confirm a $410 million investment has been raised to date, but will expect more investments," a Reddit spokesperson told Insider.
The new funding will go towards video and audio features, as well as making it easier for new users to get to grips with the site, Steve Huffman, Reddit's co-founder and CEO, said in an interview with The New York Times.
"Fidelity made us an offer that we couldn't refuse," Huffman said.
"We are still planning on going public, but we don't have a firm timeline there yet," Huffman told The Times. "All good companies should go public when they can."
When Reddit raised $300 million in February 2019, it was worth $3 billion. It then doubled its valuation to $6 billion the following year.
The site has more than 52 million active users and over 100,000 communities, according to Reddit's website.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group