Samsung just announced 3 brand new smartphones - check out the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- Samsung just unveiled its three new smartphones, including the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Samsung focused on two major things in its new phones: namely, the screen with a high 120Hz refresh rate and all-new camera tech.
- All the new Galaxy S20 phones support 5G, too, but only because the new premium Android chip of 2020 from Qualcomm supports 5G by default. That's to say: Most premium phones of 2020 will also come with 5G.
- Apart from those two points of focus, the Galaxy S20 phones come straight out of a Samsung recipe book: amazing screens, high-end specs, ultra-premium design with narrow bezels and curved side edges, and three cameras.
- The new Galaxy S20 phones will be released on March 6, starting at $1,000.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In a way, Samsung had little choice in adopting 5G connectivity for its new smartphones, seeing as the Snapdragon 865 chip comes with 5G connectivity by default. But Samsung worked on other aspects of the Galaxy S20 on its own volition, namely with big camera and screen improvements.The Galaxy S20 starts at $1,000, the Galaxy S20 Plus at $1,200, and the S20 Ultra at $1,400, and they'll be released on March 6.
Check out the new Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra:
Here they are: the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra.
There's little to point out about the back, other than the new camera module design. Apart from that, it's a slab of glass with curved edges.Advertisement
In many respects, the Galaxy S20 phones are a simple refresh and update over 2019's Galaxy S10 phones.
In other respects, the Galaxy S20 phones are massive leaps. All three models can connect to a 5G network, but only the S20 Plus and S20 Ultra connect to the "fastest" 5G network.Advertisement
Samsung gave its Galaxy S20 phones a big screen upgrade.
Samsung says the cameras in the Galaxy S20 phones are the biggest leap since the Galaxy S7 from 2016.Advertisement
The Galaxy S20 Ultra has a 108-megapixel camera that can zoom all the way to a crazy 100X.
We did a quick test of the Galaxy S20 Ultra's zooming, and it was pretty impressive!Advertisement
Speaking of leaps, the camera on the Galaxy S20 Ultra makes for a massive bump.
Samsung has a neat new camera mode called Single Take that takes a bunch of photos and video from a single tap of the shutter button instead of taking several different photos and switching between different modes.Advertisement
Samsung's Galaxy S20 offer some big changes in a familiar package.
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time
- BJD chalks out issues for upcoming budget session of Parliament
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day