Samsung made a super-ultrawide monitor that even the most powerful gaming PC probably can't keep up with
- Samsung's new Odyssey G9 super-ultrawide monitor has such high specs that even the most powerful gaming PCs won't be able to keep up with it.
- It has the ability to play games incredibly smoothly at up to 240 frames per second (fps), but PC gamers will likely have to dial down their games' graphics settings to achieve anything close to 240 fps, even with the most powerful PC hardware you can buy.
- Otherwise, the G9 is exactly as wide as two monitors side by side, which also means twice the work for a gaming PC.
- Not to mention the G9 has a sharp 1440p resolution that's sharper than the standard 1080p resolution on many monitors (but not as sharp as 4K, like most TVs these days).
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It's not every day when I can say that a computer monitor is too powerful for a computer.But today is one of those days: Samsung's new Odyssey G9 super-ultrawide monitor has such high specs that even the most powerful gaming PCs won't be able to keep up with it.Advertisement
It's like two screens stuck together, which means twice the work for your PC. But we've seen that before, and it's not such a big deal as the graphics cards powering computer have gotten increasingly powerful.
Apart from its gorgeous glossy white design, what sets the Odyssey G9 monitor apart is how many frames per second (fps) it can display. Indeed, the more fps the better with gaming, as it means smoother gameplay and even a competitive advantage in some cases. And gamers and monitor companies seem quite content in the 144 fps range for enthusiasts and professionals.But Samsung seems intent to make your PC seem insufficient and underpowered with the G9's ability to play games at 240 fps.
Check out Samsung's new Odyssey G9 monitor: