Samsung's cheapest new 2-in-1, Galaxy Book Flex Alpha, will cost $829.99 this year - here's what you need to know
- Samsung has announced the fourth member of its Galaxy Book laptop line, just in time for CES 2020.
- Starting at $829.99, the Flex Alpha is a slightly more affordable version of Samsung's flagship QLED notebooks.
- You'll be able to buy the Flex Alpha in the first half of 2020.
CES 2020 is underway, and most major laptop brands are rolling out new devices. Ahead of the rush, Samsung had already gotten the ball rolling. Meet the new Galaxy Book Flex Alpha.Samsung has announced a number of Galaxy Book laptops over the past year, though none have actually hit shelves yet. The Flex Alpha is the fourth, and likely cheapest, iteration. Unlike its siblings, which we expect to hit over $1000, the Galaxy Book Flex Alpha will start at just $829.99.Advertisement
The new Galaxy Book sports a 13.3-inch version of Samsung's proprietary quantum dot (QLED) display, which are able to display a massive color gamut beyond that of normal LED panels, and are the closest you can get to OLED-quality screens at a sub-$1000 price point.
The other signature feature is its portability. Samsung says the device weighs about 2.6 pounds, or just a bit lighter than last year's Dell XPS 13.Design aside, the Flex Alpha looks to have fairly solid specs, including a 54Wh battery that Samsung says will last 17.5 hours, 8GB or 12GB of memory (RAM), up to 1TB of storage, and 10th-Generation Intel processors (CPUs) - though, Samsung isn't saying exactly which of these per configuration. The 2-in-1 device also supports Samsung's proprietary stylus, the Active Pen (though you have to purchase it separately), which is handy for artwork or notes.
Here are the specs, broken down:
- CPU: 10th Generation Intel processors
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Display: 13.3-inch QLED FHD touchscreen (1,920 x 1,080, 600 nits brightness)
- RAM: 8GB - 12GB
- Storage: 256GB/512GB/1TB SSD (PCIe)
- Ports: USB-C 3.1, 2 x USB 3.0, HDMI, microSD, headphone jack
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bacardi will soon sell its rum, gin, vodka in biodegradable bottles
- Indian Oil board to consider issuing bonds and debentures for raising up to ₹20,000 crore
- Nourish your plants with cocopeat
- Dr Reddy's shares fell over 3% — the drug maker isolated all data service centers after a cyber attack
- Bajaj Auto is making more money on every vehicle sold — but it is selling too few to grow its profit