US will help India to boost country’s semiconductor ecosystem
- India and US signed MoU to boost the
- According to IESA, it will help in strengthening the country’s
- SIA captures 99% of the
AdvertisementThe Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), which represents the chip industry in the US and India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) signed an MoU to identify potential areas of the semiconductor industry.
The SIA includes big chip designers and manufacturers like AMD, Intel, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, and Global foundries. The MoU was signed after the visit of Intel CEO, Pat Gelsinger to India. He also met India's prime minister Narendra Modi on April 6.
The chairman of IESA, Rajeev Khushu said that the MoU will help in strengthening the country’s semiconductor ecosystem. He said this is the first visit that the SIA has made to India, and the two industry bodies will look to leverage each other’s strengths to make it possible. He also added, “if you see IESA’s strength, it is to connect with the local government, the state governments and we also cater to customers who use semiconductors here. On the other hand, the SIA has a global reach. Our companies include startups and fabless companies, and they will look to leverage SIA’s global reach to move outside India and sell their products and services."
President and CEO of SIA, John Neuffer said, SIA is happy to welcome India's goal of becoming a powerful digital economy and a hub for semiconductors and electronics.
Under the memorandum of understanding, both countries will assist each other on semiconductor-related matters and will organise meetings among companies. Also, joint events both virtual and in-person will be organised to explore the opportunities.
Recently, India has announced
Here’s how to use your old phone as a car dashcam
Google’s Pixel 6a spotted on a certification website hinting at May release
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story