Some iPhone 12 customers reported lags and errors when trying to pre-order via Apple, T-Mobile, and Verizon
- Apple announced the release of four new iPhones, the iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max, on Tuesday.
- At 5 a.m. on Friday, the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available to preorder on Apple's website.
- But multiple users have taken to social media to report lags and errors when trying to pre-order via Apple, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- The iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone Pro Max won't be available for preorder until November 6.
The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available for pre-order at 5 a.m. PST Friday, but some customers, raring to get their hands on Apple's latest release, reported troubles getting their orders in. Customers have reported lags and errors on Apple's, T-Mobile's, and Verizon's websites.
It wasn't clear if the reported issues were simply the result of high demand as many people tried to place orders for the phones during the same time window or unrelated technical issues on the websites."That was stressful. Website was slow and crashing," wrote one Twitter user. Another user said that it took over 30 minutes to preorder, and another said that he had to keep refreshing on four separate devices before the order went through.Advertisement
—Hayley (@HG1878) October 16, 2020
—Steve Kovach (@stevekovach) October 16, 2020For the most part, users reported issues with Apple's website, but customer reports of issues on T-Mobile's and Verizon's websites have surfaced as well.
—TC (@iowa_bb61) October 16, 2020
—a l e x a (@anchorsanchors) October 16, 2020
To be sure, not all customers are having problems. Multiple users reported that they were able to place their pre-orders on, Verizon's, and T-Mobile's websites without an issue.
—Christian Bishop (@bishopchristian) October 16, 2020Apple declined to comment on the reports of difficulties pre-ordering. Verizon did not immediately respond to request for comment, but a representative from T-Mobile said their customer service was handling the complaints, and did not see "many" or "lasting" customer issues.
Customers can buy the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro through Apple, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy, and Target. The iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone Pro Max won't be available for preorder until November 6.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Amazon AI executive explains three things every business needs to address before using machine learning
- Gionee launches new budget smartphone F8 Neo in India at ₹5,499
- To keep tabs on drug smuggling, NCB shares modus operandi with agencies