Spotify is the latest to hop on the Instagram-like stories bandwagon and people are asking why
- Music streaming app Spotify is reportedly testing a new feature which will be very much like
- Spotify is the latest big platform to go after the stories feature, adapted by everyone – Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, among others.
- Spotify confirmed that it is testing the feature to a global technology blog.
According to Mashable, Spotify is currently testing the feature with certain users, and it shows celebrities talking about their favourite Christmas playlists. However, there has been no word yet from the music streaming company about the official rollout of the feature to all users.
The streaming giant has brought on board celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Clarkson, and Pentatonix for the stories feature. Spotify confirmed that it is testing the feature to Engadget.com. "At Spotify, we routinely conduct a number of tests in an effort to improve our user experience. Some of those tests end up paving the path for our broader user experience and others serve only as an important learning. We have no further news to share on future plans at this time," a Spotify spokesperson told Engadget.
While Snapchat, Instagram and
Many on Twitter went on to question why Spotify needed to add a stories feature
Me: NotSpotify: NotMe: everythingSpotify: everythingMe: needsSpotify: needsMe: storiesSpotify: stories....… https://t.co/vmt9ZcCplT— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) 1606599964000
Spotify has stories now....S P O T I F YThis has got to stop https://t.co/xsurbrJblx— TmarTn (@TmarTn) 1606498668000
The Next Web said that Spotify should go ahead with the stories feature that offers music recommendations and shouldn’t go down the path where it shows artists’ videos.
November auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
No surprises here — pandemic is Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80