T-Mobile launched its standalone 5G network in the US
- T-Mobile's standalone
5Gnetwork is launching throughout the US.
- It's the first major phone carrier to launch such a standalone architecture.
- The expanded coverage means more people will have faster speed and connectivity on their smartphones and other devices in a larger number of places.
The company announced the network in a blog post on Tuesday. T-Mobile already had a sizable reach with its 5G network, but this new standalone network will expand it even further. The carrier's 5G network now covers 250 million people, up 30% from before.In addition to its new standalone network, T-Mobile also maintains its non-standalone architecture, in which a
5G is the next-generation of 4G LTE, which is what has been running our mobile devices and allowing us to stream videos, make phone calls, and use apps. 5G has been anticipated to be a mighty upgrade from its predecessor, increasing the speed in which consumers can use their phones and improving connectivity in more places.
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds
- India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target
- Itel to launch smartphone with bigger display and dual security for ₹6000 on February 1