Telegramhit the 500 million active user milestone in the days following backlash over
- The messaging app announced it had 25 million downloads in the last 72 hours. Competitor
Signalhas also seen a boost in users in the last several days.
- WhatsApp has since clarified its new policy to say the privacy of messages with friends and family will not be affected, but it's still forcing users to share some account data with
With the surge in new additions, Telegram announced it hit a milestone, surpassing 500 million active users.
"It's important for us to be clear this update describes business communication and does not change WhatsApp's
Founded in 2013 by Pavel Durov, Dubai-based Telegram is a multimedia messaging app that competes with WhatsApp. Durov, the billionaire majority owner of the company, developed the app after creating Russia's largest social network, according to Forbes. A representative from the company was not immediately available for comment on its surge in new user downloads.
Messaging app Signal saw a 4,200% boost in users following backlash to the WhatsApp
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- We aim to be the YouTube of podcasters and scale up 20X in the next 12 months: Sandeep Lodha, Gaana
- Sensex surges by 400 points to soar past 62,000-mark; Nifty opens at fresh record — L&T, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, HUL, Axis Bank and Bharti Airtel top gainers
- AirPods 3 vs AirPods 2: What’s new in Apple’s latest earbuds?