'The biggest mistake of my entire life': A Twitch streamer was banned after firing a gun during a livestream inside his house
- A Twitch streamer's channel was suspended after he fired a gun during a livestream Wednesday night.
- Carl Riemer, who streamed under the handle SoaRCarl, seemed to accidentally discharge the gun inside his house while making a joke.
- Riemer was also removed from the roster of SoaR, a collective of gaming streamers.
- "One mistake ruined everything I've been doing for a year," Riemer said in an apology video posted Thursday.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Twitch's community guidelines ban users from "brandishing" weapons, including guns. Riemer's channel was suspended as of Thursday afternoon.SoaR, the collective of gaming streamers of which Riemer was a part, said that he had been removed from the group "effective immediately" in a tweet Thursday.
Riemer also apologized to his 300,000 Twitter followers in a video uploaded Thursday afternoon, calling it "the biggest mistake of my entire life.""I could have hurt somebody, I could have hurt myself, I could have hurt my animals and that's unforgivable," Riemer said. "I put everything into my Twitch ... I made this one mistake and it might ruin everything."Riemer did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Don't do what I did. Ever. Literally everything was going perfectly in life and one mistake ruined everything I've been doing for year. I cannot put into words how sorry I am and how dangerous what I did last night was. pic.twitter.com/O781ecXxJN- Carl Riemer (@SoaRCarl_) March 5, 2020
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP
- Non-banking finance firm Power Finance Corporation records 49% jump in net profits in FY21
- The Internet's original source code is going up for auction on Sotheby's as an NFT this month
- Best 55-inch smart TVs with 4K resolution