The curious TV made by smartphone company OnePlus is finally going on sale. Here's everything you need to know about the OnePlus TV.
- OnePlus recently announced its OnePlus TV Q1 and Q1 Pro.
- It's a curious and bold move for a small smartphone company that started in 2013, but the company made a name for itself in the smartphone business against the likes of Apple and Samsung, and now it has TV giants Samsung, LG, and Sony TVs in its sights.
- The OnePlus TVs will have 55-inch QLED 4K HDR panels and they'll run a customized version of Google's Android TV operating system. The company made a big focus on sound, too.
- There's also extra connectivity with OnePlus phones that address common pain points with traditional TVs.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
OnePlus, a small smartphone company that started in 2013, thought it could take on the likes of Samsung and Apple, and it's succeeding with smartphones I'd handily recommend.
Now, the company thinks it can take on TV giants like Samsung, LG, and Sony with its very own TV.
There are two TVs, in fact, called the OnePlus TV Q1 and the OnePlus TV Q1 Pro. Both models are pretty much identical, save for a couple extra accessories in the Pro model.
The OnePlus TVs are being released in India first, and they're already available to buy now from Amazon India. The OnePlus TVs are coming to the US, Europe, and China later, but there's no set date yet.
Check out the OnePlus TVs:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
There are two models of the OnePlus TV: the Q1 and the Q1 Pro. The major difference is that the Q1 Pro will have a built-in sliding soundbar and will come with a TV stand. The stand will be an optional extra for the Q1.
Check out the OnePlus TV Q1 Pro's sliding soundbar in action:
Both OnePlus TV models have nearly identical specs.
The OnePlus TV Q1 Pro's soundbar has eight speakers compared to the four that come built in with the regular Q1.
Unlike the company's OnePlus smartphone that costs several hundreds less than the competition, the OnePlus TV price tags are fairly typical for 55-inch TVs with similar specs.
What sets the OnePlus TVs apart from other TVs is the connectivity with OnePlus phones.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000