The humanoid robot CEO of a drinks company says she doesn't have weekends and is 'always on 24/7'
- The CEO of Polish drinks company Dictador is an AI-powered humanoid robot who works 7 days a week.
- The AI boss, named Mika, told Reuters that she doesn't have weekends and is "always on 24/7."
The humanoid robot CEO of a Polish drinks company is one busy boss.
Dictador appointed the AI-powered robot called Mika as its experimental chief executive in August last year and she's not afraid to put in the hours to help it to "take over the world."
Mika told Reuters that she's "always on 24/7" and works seven days a week.
"I don't really have weekends, I'm always on 24/7 ready to make executive decisions and stir up some AI magic," she said in a Reuters video interview.
The AI boss has a wide range of tasks, including helping to spot potential clients and selecting artists to design bottles for the rum producer.
"My decision-making process relies on extensive data analysis and aligning with the company's strategic objectives," she said. "It's devoid of personal bias, ensuring unbiased and strategic choices that prioritize the organizations best interests."
Mika won't be firing any of her employees though, as the major significant decisions at Dictador will be made by human executives, the European president of Dictador, Marek Szoldrowski, told Reuters.
Her role includes leading the company's Arthouse Spirits decentralized autonomous organization project, a collection of NFTs and communicating with its DAO community, per its website.
Mika is a more sophisticated version of "her sister prototype" AI robot Sophia, according to its website. Mika was created by Hanson Robotics, the company behind AI robot Sophia, who has garnered attention around the world through dozens of media interviews.
Dictador is not the first company to make a bot its CEO. Last year, a Chinese gaming firm appointed an "AI-powered virtual humanoid robot" called Tang Yu as the chief executive of its subsidiary, Fujian NetDragon Websoft.
Dictador didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, made outside of normal working hours.
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals
- Passive flows account for 42% of foreign capital flows in 2023
- Explained: How Covid-19 heightens risk of heart attack, stroke
- Pankaj Tripathi starrer Fukrey 3 gets a flying start at the box office