The iPhone 12's OLED screen with ceramic protection will cost nearly $300 to replace
- At its annual iPhone event,
Appleannounced new phones, the iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
- The cost to repair the screen on the iPhone 12 is $279, an increase over the baseline price of previous years.
- The change in price is likely reflective of the improved OLED screen.
The new iPhone 12 comes with Ceramic Shield technology, which Apple says quadruples drop performance to make the phone more resistant to screen cracks. If the screen does crack, though, be prepared to spend a hefty $279 on repairs.
The iPhone 12 and
The $80 price increase is likely due to the OLED display, which is now included in the base iPhone 12, and was part of the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max last year. Apple says OLED has deeper blacks and brighter colors than LCD screens like those on the iPhone 11. Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The cost of other iPhone repairs similarly increased, with the iPhone 12 Pro as the highest at $549.
Apple has not yet released repair price information for the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini, which will be available to preorder on November 6. The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are already available to preorder, and will ship on October 23. The iPhone 12 will start at $799, and the 12 Mini will start at $699. The Pro models are more expensive, with the iPhone 12 Pro at $999, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max at $1,099.
- Samsung Galaxy M53 5G review – a value for money mid-ranger
- Slow sowing, wary global buyers can take rice prices on the same path as wheat
- Maha crisis: CM strips the portfolios of nine rebel ministers
- Agnipath scheme rocks Bihar assembly; opposition calls it PM's dictatorial step
- The winds of climate change are changing the fortunes of Indian farmers