The SPAC backing Better says it 'remains confident' in the company amid CEO Vishal Garg's decision to take a break to 'reflect and refocus'
- The blank-check company that previously announced it's taking
Betterpublic is standing behind the company.
- Better employees have called for CEO
Vishal Garg's resignation after he laid off 900 workers in a video call.
At a time when Better founder and CEO Vishal Garg is facing internal and external calls for his resignation, the company officially has the support of a key partner: the blank-check firm intending to take Better public.
In regulatory filings with the SEC on Monday,
Aurora's filing was in response to "events which occurred" earlier this month — an opaque reference to a widely publicized video call in which Garg laid off 900 employees, and later said many were "stealing" from the company.
The fallout from the scandal rocked the digital mortgage company, but Aurora said that it "remains confident in Better and the proposed transaction."
Better did not immediately respond to Insider's request for a comment on the filing. Following the scandal, Garg apologized in a letter to staff on December 6. "I realize that the way I communicated this
The filing is the first indication of how investors feel about Better ahead of a planned deal to make it a public company. The transaction was expected to close during the fourth quarter of 2021, and was projected give Better a valuation of $7.7 billion, according to an announcement in March.
Led by Thor Björgólfsson, Arnaud Massenet, and Prabhu Narasimhan, the London-based Aurora says it operates with a philosophy of "founders investing in Founders."
Correction: This post has been updated to more accurately reflect Aurora's statement in its regulatory filing.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- RBI continues to ‘watch inflation’ closely even as industry hopes for a pause
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023