These $150 wireless earbuds from a company you've probably never heard of made me want to ditch my $250 AirPods Pro
- The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro earbuds offer great sound, long battery life, and a comfortable fit at an affordable price.
- The Liberty 2 Pros also come in a compact case that's easy open with one hand and store in a pocket or purse.
- They're lacking some of the features I've come to appreciate from Apple's AirPods, but they're still a worthwhile option for those looking to spend a little less on a great pair of wireless earbuds.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple may be responsible for popularizing the truly wireless earbud trend with its AirPods, which have become so popular they've inspired memes and helped make the company's wearables business as big as a Fortune 200 company.But since the original AirPods debuted in 2016, dozens of platform-agnostic alternatives have entered the market - many of which are less expensive than the iPhone maker's cord-free earbuds. Advertisement
Anker's Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro earbuds, which launched in September, are one such example. Originally priced at $150 and currently selling for $110, they're cheaper than the $160 AirPods and noticeably less expensive than $250 AirPods Pro. Yet they still offer long battery life, a customizable and comfortable fit, and good sound quality.
Although they lack some of Apple's more useful features, I found that I didn't miss my AirPods much at all when making the switch.Here's a closer look at what it's been like to use them.
The Liberty 2 Pro earbuds fit comfortably and offer more customization than some alternatives.
The audio quality is great, but Apple's AirPods Pro still sounded slightly better.Advertisement
The Liberty 2 Pros also seem to last a long time on a single charge.
The case is compact and easy to flip open quickly, although it's slightly larger than Apple's AirPods case.Advertisement
But they're missing the features that make AirPods feel so convenient.
So are they right for you?Advertisement
- Chhattisgarh records 2,551 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths
- Ahmedabad reports 193 new COVID-19 cases, 256 recoveries
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti - Interesting facts about the 'father of the nation'
- 1,108 COVID-19 cases in Nashik, tally reaches 76,984
- Surat district records 288 COVID-19 cases, 299 recoveries