TikTok poaches Disney's top streaming executive to be its new CEO
Mayer will become the CEO of TikTok starting June 1. A TikTok spokesperson told Business Insider that Mayer will be based out of the company's offices in Los Angeles, but will oversee all of TikTok's operations globally.
Mayer will also take over as the chief operating officer for
Prior to this, Alex Zhu held the top spot at TikTok. Zhu, who cofounded TikTok predecessor Musical.ly, will become ByteDance's vice president of product and strategy.
This story is developing. Refresh for the latest ...
- Gautam Adani takes over Haifa Port, to continue investing in Israel
- Infosys says it appealed against UK's corporation tax assessment
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey