TikTok VP Blake Chandlee to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020
Chandlee is the VP overseeing all of
The company has been in the spotlight since the Trump administration's attempts to issue a nationwide ban on the app, which allows users to record short videos synchronized with music. Now, the decision on the ban will be delayed until at least after Election Day 2020.Chandlee came in at the beginning of 2020 to head up TikTok's global business solutions, the division working with brands to advertise on the growing platform, Business Insider previously reported. Under Chandlee, TikTok's ad product offerings have expanded dramatically, to include opportunities for sponsored hashtags and challenges, in-feed videos, and branded AR effects.Advertisement
TikTok has nearly 800 million users. Chandlee revealed a few months ago that the company wants to launch a purchasing tool similar to Instagram's, allowing users to buy directly from the app.
Chandlee previously worked at Facebook for more than 12 years overseeing global partnerships.Hear Chandlee talk about the future of tech at the
Paige Leskin contributed to this report.
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020