Tim Cook says Apple's Vision Pro is on track for early 2024 release and he watched the entire third season of 'Ted Lasso' on the headset
- Tim Cook says the Vision Pro is on track for a release early next year.
- Cook said he used the headset regularly and watched soccer drama "Ted Lasso" on it.
Tim Cook says the Vision Pro is on track for a release early next year.
In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, the Apple CEO pushed back on reports the headset had been hampered by manufacturing delays. Cook said he was using the Vision Pro on a "regular basis" and had been able to watch the entire third season of "Ted Lasso" on it.
A July report from the Financial Times said Apple had been suffering from a series of supply-chain difficulties, which risked delaying the headset's production.
The FT report, which cited sources familiar with Apple's manufacturing process, said the company had plans to ship 1 million units next year, but the production issues may lead to forecasts of half that.
Apple unveiled the mixed-reality headset at its annual developer conference in June, with a launch set for early 2024. The device, which has been years in the making, is set to be the company's most significant product release in eight years.
The product has been generally well-received by Apple fans. Some, however, have expressed disappointment over the hefty $3,499 price tag.
Representatives for Apple did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, made outside normal working hours.
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge