Apple CEO Tim Cook’s last major product launch could be AR glasses
Tim Cookreportedly wants to oversee “one more major new product” before retiring as Apple’s CEO.
- It could be the launch of Apple’s rumoured augmented reality glasses.
- Apple is expected to launch its
AR glassessometime in 2025.
Gurman, in the latest edition of his “Power On” newsletter, talks about Cook’s future at Apple. Cook joined Apple in 2011 taking over Steve Jobs’ role as chief executive officer (CEO) of the company. Cook has since led Apple to becoming a trillion dollar company, launched the first custom chip for Macs, and introduced new services. According to Gurman, Cook’s stay at Apple could be shorter than expected as he apparently wants to be around for one more new product.
“The belief inside Apple is that Cook just wants to stick around for one more major new product category, which is likely to be augmented reality glasses rather than a car — something that’s even further out,” Gurman wrote.
Apple’s rumoured augmented reality glasses called “Apple Glass” will reportedly debut sometime during the middle of the decade. This is in line with analyst Ming-Chi Kuo’s prediction of the Apple Glass launching in 2025. This could be the next major product category that Cook would like to witness before he quits as the CEO of Apple. An autonomous car is also rumoured, but Gurman suggests the launch of this product will take even longer. Apple is also expected to launch a mixed reality headset that has augmented reality and virtual reality. This mixed reality headset is said to launch by next year.
Gurman adds that considering all these factors, Cook will possibly retire sometime between 2025 and 2028. This speculation is based on Cook saying he might not be at Apple in 10 years’ time, the launch timeline of the AR glasses, and his age as well.
AdvertisementiPhone 13 could support satellite connectivity, allowing users to make calls without cell signal
iPhone 13 series: Everything we know so far
Popular on BI
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles