Tom Brady is launching a new company called 'Autograph' that will sell unique digital memorabilia from sports icons and celebrities
Tom Bradyis launching a company called "Autograph."
- The site will sell digital memorabilia from
sportsicons and celebrities like Brady.
NFTmarket has been highly profitable for sports through platforms like NBA Top Shot.
The platform will sell crypto memorabilia from sports icons and celebrities like Brady, according to the company's site."Autograph will bring together some of the world's most iconic names and brands with best in class digital artists to ideate, create and launch
There has been a boom in interest in digital collectible in recent months. Items that function as non-fungible tokens or NFTs have generated millions of dollars in sales. In March, a $70 million digital art sale made history.Since then, artists and celebrities from rapper Snoop Dogg to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey have gotten in on the action.
Nyan Cat can gain in value as they increase in popularity online, though the NFT buyer is not be able to control the image's distribution. The NFT market has been especially profitable for sports. The site NBA Top Shot, which allows people to buy NBA sports clips, recently received a $2 billion valuation from NFT tracking site DappRadar. Top NBA clips, including a LeBron James dunk moment, have sold for over $200,000 on the platform.
As an NFL legend, Brady NFTs would likely see similar high sales. Yesterday a Brady rookie card sold for about $2.3 million - smashing the record for the most expensive football trading card sale, according to Bleacher Report.
Brady himself is no stranger to selling his personal brand. In February, Brady merchandise sales set records as he became the best-selling NFL player ever, according to Reuters.Autograph isn't Brady's first company. In 2013, the football star launched TB12, a sports performance and nutrition company.
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate