Twitter is opening its exclusive audio chat rooms to more people, and hosts can soon collect money on ticket sales
- Users with at least 600 followers can now host spaces.
- Twitter plans to let hosts sell tickets for Spaces events in the near future.
Spaces, Twitter's Clubhouse-like audio platform, is getting a wide release, the company announced Monday.
Twitter began testing the offering in late 2020 with a small number of users and will now allow all accounts with at least 600 followers to host Spaces. The feature allows Twitter users to set up live audio conversations and broadcast them to listeners.
The company said it decided to limit hosting privileges to accounts with 600 or more followers after observing months of beta testing and getting feedback from users.
"Based on what we've learned so far, these accounts are likely to have a good experience hosting live conversations because of their existing audience," the company said. "Before bringing the ability to create a Space to everyone, we're focused on learning more, making it easier to discover Spaces, and helping people enjoy them with a great audience."
Twitter said it plans to add features including a way for hosts to earn money off of ticket sales - something
Twitter will also introduce improved live captioning and the ability to co-host Spaces.
The launch comes as several
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again