WWDC 2021: Here's what to expect from Apple's annual developer conference
- Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2021 kicks off on June 7.
- The Cupertino giant has managed to keep the details about its new OS updates a secret this time.
iOS 15and iPadOS 15 are expected to be the biggest highlight of the event.
It's a software-focused event, so we obviously expect updated versions of the iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS. It's also the second year since Apple has been transitioning towards its in-house silicon after launching the M1 chip on MacBooks, iPad Pro and iMacs, last year. So, we might also get to see some hardware-related announcements.
Major developments ahead. Join our worldwide developer community for #WWDC21 on June 7 at 10 a.m. PDT. Tap the ♥️… https://t.co/Inyt2AqFur— Apple (@Apple) 1622166861000
While we'll have to wait till Monday night, India time, to find out what WWDC has for us, here is what we expect from the event.
New iOS and iPadOS
The most evident of all announcements expected on Monday is the new iOS 15 for iPhones and iPadOS 15 for iPads. The suspense around the two major operating software (OS) updates is high and details are scarce. It is going to be the key announcement and it will also give us an idea of what to expect from the upcoming iPhones. Unlike last year, we do not have many leaks revealing the details of iOS 15, but a Bloomberg report claims that the new OS will allow better control over notifications. Some new privacy features are also said to debut to strengthen data privacy. A few major upgrades to iMessage are also expected.
More on macOS, watchOS and tvOS and new MacBooks Pro models rumoured
Alongside the iPhone and iPad operating system updates, Apple is expected to roll out updates for other devices like Apple TV, Mac, Apple Watch.
There's little to no information about the macOS 12, watchOS 8 and tvOS on whether they will get their due updates, but nothing believable has been spotted or rumoured apart from some safety updates.
If rumours are to be believed, Apple might also debut the long-rumoured MacBook Pro 14-inch and 16-inch models. As per analyst Daniel Ives from Wedbush Securities, the Cupertino giant is likely to announce new MacBooks at WWDC. Leaker and Youtuber Jon Prosser also believes that the new MacBook Pros will launch at WWDC.
The upcoming MacBook Pro models are rumoured to bring tons of improvements like flatter edges, removal of Touch Bar, the addition of HDMI port, and SD card slot. MagSafe charging is also said to make a comeback. It is also rumoured to feature a more powerful variant of Apple’s M1 chip ( could be M1X).
There is a lot of mystery around Apple's plans with its operating systems for different devices. So brace yourselves for some surprises from Apple next week.
Huawei announces first devices with HarmonyOS — set to take on Apple and Google with its in-house operating system
OnePlus Nord CE 5G full specifications leaked days ahead of launch – heavily inspired by the original Nord
AdvertisementApple iPhone 13’s A15 Bionic won’t be based on 3nm process, confirms TSMC
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike