WhatsApp rolling out new updates for 'communities' on iOS, Android
- Meta-owned WhatsApp has rolled out new updates to the community feature.
- The community feature on WhatsApp allows users to create and join groups of people who share similar interests or hobbies.
AdvertisementSan Francisco, To make it more user-friendly, Meta-owned WhatsApp has rolled out new updates to the community feature by introducing some changes to the interface of the "announcement group" for users on iOS and
The community feature on WhatsApp allows users to create and join groups of people who share similar interests or hobbies.
The report said that this renaming decision may have been made because the announcement group is typically a read-only conversation to which only community admins have access, and it may not fit the traditional definition of a group.
WhatsApp also moved the community icon from the bottom bar to the chat header in order to improve the user interface and maintain consistency with other chats.
In addition, the latest
The new WhatsApp Communities update is now available to some users who have installed the latest versions of WhatsApp beta for iOS and Android, and it will be available to even more people in the coming days, the report said.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp is reportedly working on a redesigned chat attachment menu for Android beta.
The tweaked chat attachment menu is more clearer and offers a better user-friendly experience.
How is GPT-4 different from ChatGPT, and what makes it unique?
AdvertisementGoogle’s new AI features for Docs, Gmail, and more to rival Microsoft’s workspace tools—here’s what it means
Popular on BI
- Rupee surges 27 paise to 82.32/USD on foreign fund inflows, declining crude prices
- Global Surfaces lists at over 17% premium, beats grey market expectations
- NSE, BSE to put Adani Power under short term ASM again
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge lower amid volatility: IT stocks drag, HAL tumbles 5%
- One can apply for job, give interviews while on tourist or business visa in US: Federal agency