- If users do not agree to the policy, after several weeks they will begin to lose access to their chat lists.
- After a few more weeks, users won't receive calls or notifications, WhatsApp said.
View all Offers
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
If users do not agree to the new policy, after several weeks they will begin to lose access to their chat lists, WhatsApp said. Users will only be able to call and message someone if they are contacted first and click on a notification.
After a few more weeks, users won't receive calls or notifications, WhatsApp said, although the timing will vary from user to user.
Anyone that previously opted out of sharing their data with Facebook will have that decision honored, WhatsApp told Insider in February.
Users will receive "persistent" reminders on the app to accept the new terms, a company blog post said.
A company spokesperson confirmed to Insider that WhatsApp would not delete the accounts of users who refuse to sign the new policy. It would also not limit functionality immediately on May 15, when the new policy comes into force, they said. Users would lose functionality over the next few weeks, they said.
"We'll continue to provide reminders to those users within WhatsApp in the weeks to come," the spokesperson said.
Whatsapp said in an FAQ that the "policy update does not affect the privacy of your messages with friends or family in any way."
Users migrated to rival encrypted messaging apps,
- High speed external solid-state drives with 1TB storage
- Adobe Photoshop to get a 'Prepare as NFT' option soon
- WhatsApp's chat migration feature to transfer messages from iOS to Android is coming to Pixel, Android 12 phones
- Axis Bank, Bajaj Finance, Maruti Suzuki and other hot stocks on October 27 as earnings season gathers momentum
- Nykaa’s IPO to open tomorrow — check last date, listing date and more