Why refrigerators are so hard to recycle
- Refrigerators contain harmful gases that, if released, can thin the
ozonelayer and contribute to the climate crisis.
recyclingcompany in Guatemala collects the greenhouse gasesinside refrigerators and recycles the metals.
- The work is funded in part by
carbon offsets, which experts say can help fight climate changebut require close scrutiny.
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet
- Discover peace at India's most calming hideout: top 10 stress-free places in India