Why refrigerators are so hard to recycle
- Refrigerators contain harmful gases that, if released, can thin the
ozonelayer and contribute to the climate crisis.
recyclingcompany in Guatemala collects the greenhouse gasesinside refrigerators and recycles the metals.
- The work is funded in part by
carbon offsets, which experts say can help fight climate changebut require close scrutiny.
Popular on BI
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 review: Value champion in the Android smartwatch space
- Best iPhone under ₹30,000
- Best earbuds under ₹1500
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund