Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Xiaomi revealed a
humanoid robot, the CyberOne, at an event in China.
- The CyberOne can listen to human interactions and detect emotions.
- Currently, each unit of CyberOne can cost up to CNY 700,000 (approx. ₹82.31 lakh).
AdvertisementChinese tech giant Xiaomi has revealed CyberOne, a humanoid robot, during an event in China. This is the country’s first humanoid robot after the company introduced a robot dog, the CyberDog, in August 2021.
The company launched the CyberOne along with its foldable phone. The humanoid robot was seen with the company’s chief executive officer Lei Jun on stage. The robot handed a flower to Jun on stage.
After showcasing a few moves, the CyberOne poses for a selfie with Jun.
I was both nervous and thrilled to interact with him on stage. What did you think of his performance tonight?… https://t.co/jYjLhYPrwa— leijun (@leijun) 1660224531000
Xiaomi has said that the CyberOne has been fitted with advanced arms and legs that support bipedal-motion posture balancing. The company has also claimed that the humanoid has a high emotional quotient, can detect human emotions, and has advanced vision capabilities.
CyberOne features two microphones and two cameras, allowing it to hear and see in three dimensions. It uses microphones to analyze human vocal expressions and can detect 45 different emotions.
The CyberOne weighs 52 kg and has a height of 5 feet 8 inches (177 cm). It can walk at a speed of 3.6 km per hour and grip objects while it walks.
It is to be noted that CyberOne is still in development and may take a long time before it is ready for commercial launch. Each unit of CyberOne can cost between CNY 600,000 to CNY 700,000 (approx. ₹71 lakh to ₹82.8 lakh). The company will have to significantly reduce the price if it plans on building it on a large scale.
The CyberOne is still in the early stages of development and cannot be compared to other humanoid robots, such as the Atlas from Boston Dynamics.
Elon Musk-led Tesla revealed that the company is working on a robot named
Elon Musk says people might download their personalities onto a humanoid robot Tesla is making, which he says could be in 'moderate volume production' next year
Motorcycle maker Kawasaki created a rideable electric goat — take a look
Elon Musk says Tesla's humanoid robot is the most important product it's working on — and could eventually outgrow its car business
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know