You can now transfer your Facebook posts to WordPress and Blogger
The social network last year enabled people to transfer their photos and videos to
"To better reflect the range of data types people can now transfer to our partners' services, we're renaming the tool 'Transfer Your Information," said Steve Satterfield, Director of Privacy and Public Policy.
Advertisement"We designed this tool with privacy, security and utility in mind. We'll ask you to re-enter your password before the transfer starts and encrypt your data as it moves between services, so you can be confident it will be transferred securely," he said in a blog post.
The users can access the tool in Facebook settings under "Your Facebook Information" and clicking "Transfer Your Information."
The company said it plans to expand its data types and partners in the future.
"However, the ecosystem we are building to support data portability will not come to fruition without regulation that clarifies which data should be made portable and who is responsible for protecting data once it has been transferred," the company noted.
Facebook's photo and video transfer tool is based on code developed through the open source Data Transfer Project.
Dream11’s parent company is reportedly the latest contender for a public market debut in the US
Razorpay raises $160 million at $3 billion valuation, plans for more acquisitions
Here’s the list of what is allowed and what is not during the 15 days lockdown in Rajasthan
Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not
- Delhi extends lockdown till May 17, more strict restrictions to be imposed
- China's Long March rocket debris falls in Indian Ocean close to Maldives, ending days of uncertainty
- India crosses 4,000 mark of COVID deaths in a single day, total 2,42,362 fatalities reported so far
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients