You can't delete your PayPal history, but you can delete your account instead - here's how
- You can't delete your PayPal history, but you can delete your account instead, and accomplish basically the same thing.
- In the past you could archive PayPal transactions, but that still wouldn't truly delete them.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you have ever made a purchase or accepted a payment via PayPal, there is a record of the transaction, and there's really nothing you can do to hide said transaction either.In past years, PayPal offered the ability to archive transactions on a case-by-case basis; however this option was discontinued in 2014.
How to delete your PayPal history
For a while, PayPal transactions would be automatically archived after a certain period of time. Yet, even then they couldn't be completely deleted - they were just harder to find.Today, every PayPal exchange is clearly visible under the "Activity" tab at the top of the screen of the PayPal site.
delete your account immediately after the exchange.Deleting your account will delete your entire transaction history with it, meaning that your PayPal history will stay private - permanently.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Gap between COVID-19 recoveries and active cases steadily increasing: Health ministry
- Ola brings on board former General Motors veteran to lead the global manufacturing and operations of its electric business
- Spotify is the latest to hop on the Instagram-like stories bandwagon and people are asking why
- Upcoming car launches in December — Nissan Magnite, Audi S5 Sportback, Tata Altroz Turbo, and more
- CAIT asks India's Finance Minister to ensure banks don't have an 'unholy nexus' with e-commerce companies