You can't delete your PayPal history, but you can delete your account instead - here's how
- You can't delete your PayPal history, but you can delete your account instead, and accomplish basically the same thing.
- In the past you could archive PayPal transactions, but that still wouldn't truly delete them.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you have ever made a purchase or accepted a payment via PayPal, there is a record of the transaction, and there's really nothing you can do to hide said transaction either.In past years, PayPal offered the ability to archive transactions on a case-by-case basis; however this option was discontinued in 2014.Advertisement
Here's what you need to know about how PayPal's transaction history, and how to delete yours.
How to delete your PayPal history
For a while, PayPal transactions would be automatically archived after a certain period of time. Yet, even then they couldn't be completely deleted - they were just harder to find.Today, every PayPal exchange is clearly visible under the "Activity" tab at the top of the screen of the PayPal site.
delete your account immediately after the exchange.Deleting your account will delete your entire transaction history with it, meaning that your PayPal history will stay private - permanently.Advertisement
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar