You could soon earn money from your tweets through Twitter's new 'Super Follow' feature
- Twitter on Thursday revealed a new feature called "Super Follow" at an analyst event.
- Followers will be able to pay creators for access to tweets, newsletters, and groups.
- The service will likely compete with Patreon and OnlyFans.
Twitter on Thursday revealed a new feature called Super Follow, which will allow users to earn money from their tweets and other content.
Using the feature, Twitter creators could gain paying subscribers and sell them access to certain content, deals, and groups for a monthly fee starting at $4.99 per month.
Super Follow is expected to compete with other creator monetization platforms like OnlyFans and Patreon, 9to5Mac reported.
It may also compete with newsletter platform Substack. Twitter recently bought Revue, another newsletter company. Twitter said Thursday at the company's analyst day that this is a "very early exploration" of ecommerce on the website.
Twitter shared some images of what Super Follow will look like.
—Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) February 25, 2021
—Martin Hoffmann (@martinhoffmann) February 25, 2021
Screenshots show that subscribers will get access to exclusive content, newsletters, and groups, along with a supporter badger for their profile. They also show subscribers will have the option to cancel anytime.
As some tech experts have already pointed out, the new feature could have a big impact on journalists if they are allowed to enable Super Follows.
- A startup founder was asked to do a coffee run on her first pitch, now she's among India's richest women
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts