You'll be able to take a free Uber or Lyft ride to vaccine sites until July 4
Uberand Lyftwill roll out free rides to vaccination sites in the coming weeks.
- The White House announced the partnership with the ride-hailing companies on Tuesday.
- The program will run through July 4 as a part of Biden's efforts to vaccinate 70% of US adults.
Uber and Lyft will provide free rides to
The complimentary rides will be available through July 4, The Wall Street Journal first reported. The program will be part of President
The new feature will launch within the next two weeks and the ride-hailing companies will provide
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi called vaccines "our best hope to beat this pandemic" in a statement about the partnership.
The two companies have offered discounted and free rides in the past few months targeted toward vulnerable populations, but the new program will be available to all US residents with a
"By May 24, riders will be able to get their ride code directly through the Lyft app or website," Lyft said in a statement. "After providing a few details, users will receive a code they can use to get rides to and from a vaccination site near them. Ride codes will cover $15 each way, which based on previous rides given to vaccination sites, we expect to cover most, if not all, of riders' fares."
Both companies told Insider that driver's pay would not be impacted by the program and the system would run normally for the drivers. While Uber did not provide a maximum price the company would cover for the vaccine rides, a spokesperson said Uber would share further details in the coming weeks.
Uber and Lyft previously offered a program that provided discounted rides to the polls for election day.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Best portable photo studios in India
- Best spike guards for home use in India
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report