Youtube allows payments via UPI to access its premium content
- Earlier, the user only had options to pay through credit or debit cards.
- The app major said using UPI users can now purchase monthly or quarterly prepaid subscriptions for
YouTubePremium and YouTube Music Premium.
Earlier, users had to pay via credit or debit cards and the introduction of UPI will bring convenience.
“This will enable users to make their transactions, directly from their bank account, using their unique UPI ID,” said a statement from Youtube.
The app major said using UPI users can now purchase monthly or quarterly prepaid subscriptions for YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium. They can also buy and rent their favourite movies, and pay for premium features like SuperChat and Channel Memberships to engage with and support their favourite YouTube creators.
A large number of Indian prefer UPI over debit cards
The UPI is an immediate real-time payment system developed by the
According to the Reserve Bank of India’s annual report, UPI recorded 1.2 times higher transactions in 2018-19 than the transaction done via debit cards. The report noted that there were as many as 5.35 billion UPI-based transactions, compared to 4.41 billion debit card payments.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini and other top giants who are not letting go of their new hires
Accenture launches People+ Work connect to help fired employees find jobs
Popular on BI
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit