Youtube allows payments via UPI to access its premium content
- Earlier, the user only had options to pay through credit or debit cards.
- The app major said using UPI users can now purchase monthly or quarterly prepaid subscriptions for
YouTubePremium and YouTube Music Premium.
Earlier, users had to pay via credit or debit cards and the introduction of UPI will bring convenience.
“This will enable users to make their transactions, directly from their bank account, using their unique UPI ID,” said a statement from Youtube.
The app major said using UPI users can now purchase monthly or quarterly prepaid subscriptions for YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium. They can also buy and rent their favourite movies, and pay for premium features like SuperChat and Channel Memberships to engage with and support their favourite YouTube creators.
A large number of Indian prefer UPI over debit cards
The UPI is an immediate real-time payment system developed by the
According to the Reserve Bank of India’s annual report, UPI recorded 1.2 times higher transactions in 2018-19 than the transaction done via debit cards. The report noted that there were as many as 5.35 billion UPI-based transactions, compared to 4.41 billion debit card payments.
SEE ALSO: TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini and other top giants who are not letting go of their new hires
Accenture launches People+ Work connect to help fired employees find jobs
- List of 89 apps banned for Indian Army soldiers
- The United States is preparing to take additional actions against China, says White House
- Clinical trials for Ayurvedic formulations against COVID-19 to be initiated in India, US
- Google to provide quick facts about images you search
- TCS and Infosys to face least impact — Indian IT companies likely to report sharp decline in revenue during first quarter